accurate temps?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

paulie

Nov 27, 2007
SW Mich.
I have a Regency i1200 insert. this ofcorse is completely inclosed with my surround. I have a thermomoter that I stick on the body right above the top corner of the door....I get good heat at around 300 to 350, " with fan going" only once in awhile does it get to 400. Have never seen over 425. my question would be ??? do you think I am burning hotter than what this thermonotor is reading? and does anyone know how I could get a accurate reading on this burner? I can't help but to beleive it is burning hotter.... another thing is , how hot does it have to be for the wash system to work effientiantly? because it doesn't seem to wash as well as I would expect it to? and if it isn't....does this mean I am not burning it hot enough? minor things....I do get good heat...but these little things drive me crazy !!! and yes...I do have pretty good season wood, had to but some ..!@!^%*^&$% what I had wasn't dry enough

Status
Not open for further replies.