Acquired a Pelpro PP60-B - Thoughts? Not sure what to make of it.

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
4 bucks a bag is about the norm here unless you pre buy (I did at TSC like I do every fall), then the price drops just a tad but they want you to take all of the pre order at one shot which, for me isn't an issue, I can haul legally. 14 ton (28,000 pounds of pellets) in one shot on my Goose Neck. Way back when, they wanted the skids returned but that ended about 5 years ago. I do know that good, well made hardwood skids are about 12 bucks each around here. Pellet skids aren't all that good.

Reactions: Jeremy6500
Title of the thread. I'm working my way through trying to make sense of it.

We inherited the stove so there was no goal to acquiring it, we just were the ones that ended up with it. At the moment we're storing it. I am not sure if we'll hook it up this season, but it was never even started to be installed other than parts acquired for it (pictures in the thread of what we got with it).

After digging through things - if I can find a deal on pellets I wouldn't mind putting it together and running it just to play around with it, but I am not sure if its worth the effort even still.

If you have a good place in your house and want to supplement heat, or like the aesthetics of the fire installing a stove is pretty easy. Make or by a fire pad to set it on , run a vent and plug it in.

If you just want to see how it works to get a better idea you could run it outside with an extension cord.

Pellet stoves are big space heaters, so they work better in larger open areas. It can be tough to try and move the heat around in the house.

You could use one for a shop, but not sure how well it would do if you have an open rafter ceiling or are poorly insulated. I may end up with one in my shop mainly because I already heat the house with pellets so I wouldn't need a different fuel. I also have a couple of 240v forced air heaters, but running them a lot gets pretty pricey.

Reactions: FlyFish'n