Acutron CCI Thermostat?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Allfast1

Sep 27, 2016
Mass
IMG_4661.JPG
Hi all, new here. Looking forward to learning a lot! I searched the forum for my answer, but couldn't find anything. I have an older stove model with the 1st generation Acutron control board. Can I hook a thermostat up to this? If so, how?
Thanks!

Last edited:
I can only find info on the II version which will accept a thermostat. What pellet stove do you have with this control ... Do you have the manual?

I can only find info on the II version which will accept a thermostat. What pellet stove do you have with this control ... Do you have the manual?
Says it was manufactured by Canadian Comfort on the back placard, and label inside the hopper says Dansons Group. Model number etc. is not readable though, so I have no idea what I have

Older Accutron boards needed a thermostat adapter device, not sure if still available. The newer Accutron IV boards can plug directly into a thermostat. Too bad they are so costly ($300 plus). Be careful around those boards if plugged in. Very easy to short them out as many on here have pointed out.

Older Accutron boards needed a thermostat adapter device, not sure if still available. The newer Accutron IV boards can plug directly into a thermostat. Too bad they are so costly ($300 plus). Be careful around those boards if plugged in. Very easy to short them out as many on here have pointed out.

Great info, thanks! I'll look into finding an old module, otherwise sounds like a board upgrade. Thanks again!

Status
Not open for further replies.