• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

AH2394

Nov 11, 2020
Utah
We have a pellet stove with the AcuTron II Control Board and I haven’t used us since the beginning of the year and had it serviced then, but now when I go to Start it, the only light that lights is the igniter. No other lights are flashing or showing. What does this mean? How would I fix this issue?

What stove do you have. Acutrons have been used in a couple brands. Did you leave it plugged in all summer? Is it on a surge protector?

A Quadra Fire 1200I. It has not been plugged in since I used it last (earlier in the year); and it is not on a surge protector either.

Quadrafire pelletstove control boards are made by pantrol. Can you post a picture?

Sounds like a bad control panel. The Accutron IV is the direct replacement now

Attachments

• 4E5CC9A5-C350-4F50-A5BC-D91537E3CC7C.jpeg
    4E5CC9A5-C350-4F50-A5BC-D91537E3CC7C.jpeg
    21.8 KB · Views: 303
Im sorry Ah2394 I wasn’t very clear, can you get a picture of the control board. Quadrafire doesn’t use acutron xx boards so im a little confused

Im sorry Ah2394 I wasn’t very clear, can you get a picture of the control board. Quadrafire doesn’t use acutron xx boards so im a little confused
I apologize, I misinformed you. I was mistaken. Our fireplace isn’t a Quadrafire, it’s a Vulcan Bay Window Insert Stove. And this is the control panel.

Attachments

• 82B2E81A-8B8F-43C7-B4D3-9BE23F675BF5.jpeg
    82B2E81A-8B8F-43C7-B4D3-9BE23F675BF5.jpeg
    120.1 KB · Views: 555
ahh good im not loosing my mind. yeah it sounds like your board needs replacing as Don pointed out.

@Ssyko Sir you seem to be very knowledgeable, so I will ask a question. Already knowing what I believe to be the answer.
1. Dansons Pellet Stove, Model HHFP2BD with a AcuTron II control board.
2. It starts up but will not cycle past #1 solid feed rate and the ignitor light stays on long after the fire is burning.
3. Eventually the ignitor light goes out and after a while it cools itself off and shuts down.

I have stopped it, unplug it wait 10 min and start over same results
Thoroughly cleaned it and the ignitor, starts a nice fire, but will not cycle past start.

Answer: New AcuTron IV CB - direct replacement? Best place to buy a new AcuTron IV?

Boxcar-7...trying to stay warm in Upstate NY!!!

I need help with identifying a component on my acutron 2 boad , the triac went out and also another part but it burn the numbers off it
Screenshot_20220120-100616_Chrome.jpg

Reactions: maraakate