Addind 2nd Wood Insert to ranch house

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Wiskevin

Jan 19, 2021
Hello all. We have a +/- 2100 SF ranch with lots of inefficient glass. We installed a Jotul C450 last year in an addition off of the back of the house. The second insert would go in the living room. Right now the single Jotul keeps the bar at 72 fairly easily and the temps drop through the house to the low 60's. I plan to run the Jotul almost full time and the 2nd insert in the mornings and maybe evenings when we are in that part of the house.
1. Is there a significant construction quality difference between Jotul, Osburn, and Hearthstone? (based on preferred local dealers)
2. Do we expect Jotul and Hearthstone Clydesdale to come back 2020 compliant?

Addind 2nd Wood Insert to ranch house

Which part of the house are you trying to heat up more? I'm guessing the kitchen is one of the colder spots and I'm not sure how much marginal lift you'll be getting there with the second stove so close and the fan pointing the wrong direction.

I think there is a high likelihood the Clydesdale is re-released this summer. My local dealer called Hearthstone and that's what they said their plan was. Jotul wouldn't surprise me either as that's a clear gap in their offering.

Jotul is working on bringing back inserts too. In the meantime, there are good models from Osburn, Regency, PE, Lopi, Hearthstone, etc. on the market now.