Advantage iit tuning issues

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

kuleinc

Dec 23, 2017
california
i bought thisbstove from someone who said it didn’t work on the two lowest heat settings. Well cleaningmout the ash baffles fixed that! However on the two highest settings after an hour or two of running the burn pot fills with pellets and the flame gets laZy.

I need this stove to work on high. I should mention the pellet feed knob actually has 7 positions for some reason and it does not feed pellets on 1 or 7, which is weird.

I saw the trim plugs were missing and I turned the pellet trim all the way down and the combustion trim all the way up. This prolongs the pile up on the higher feed rates but also causes the stove to starve for pellets on the lower settings.

I have the damper rod all the way out.

I noticed the bronze bushing for the lower end of auger spins with auger motor and I will replace it with the nylatrom bushing soon. Can I just get the bushing or so there some reason I need the end plate as well?

I THINK the exhaust fan might be lazy? I have read the pellets should dance in burn pot on high and mine do not move. I will try oiling the fan tomorrow when the stove is off for weekly maintenance.

Does anyone know what the trim setting should be from the factory? All the way down?