Adventure 2 Help

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Wes1222

Oct 17, 2018
South East Virginia
Help. so I got a quadra fire adventure 2 and every time I load it up and use the smart burn button the internal temp sky rockets. it goes the full 2hr of the cycle I tried turning the stove off at the thermostat and the air intake still stays open. eventually it will start to close during the cycle. im burning up an entire box of wood un no time. its crazy I called my dealer since I can't talk to quadra fire and they are reluctant to help since I installed the stove and they didn't. Bit pissed off anyone had troubles with the thermostat?

Wes, I unfortunately don’t have any practical experience to share about this stove. I really liked the idea of the stove and after doing some research I found several complaints about this stove almost identical to yours after reviewing all of the reviews on Facebook.

I know it sounds petty, but perhaps you could leave quadrafire a negative Facebook review? It seems they tend to respond to those pretty quickly offering to remedy the situation. Shot in the dark but it couldn’t hurt. Best of luck

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wes, I unfortunately don’t have any practical experience to share about this stove. I really liked the idea of the stove and after doing some research I found several complaints about this stove almost identical to yours after reviewing all of the reviews on Facebook.

I know it sounds petty, but perhaps you could leave quadrafire a negative Facebook review? It seems they tend to respond to those pretty quickly offering to remedy the situation. Shot in the dark but it couldn’t hurt. Best of luck

Doug,
I may have found my issue...i watched their YouTube site about starting the fire in it apparently with the computer you are only supposed to start it with 2 3" splits kindling and paper. where I messed up was I slammed her full of wood. the computer has several sequences when you push the smart burn button to get the temp up to 1200 internal till the thermostat kicks in. I am still going to call my dealer to confirm. Trouble is I'm there first adventure customer.

Doug,
I may have found my issue...i watched their YouTube site about starting the fire in it apparently with the computer you are only supposed to start it with 2 3" splits kindling and paper. where I messed up was I slammed her full of wood. the computer has several sequences when you push the smart burn button to get the temp up to 1200 internal till the thermostat kicks in. I am still going to call my dealer to confirm. Trouble is I'm there first adventure customer.

I hope it works! Yeah I called my local dealer about this and they had no idea how these worked either. It’s too bad the people at quadrafire aren’t more easily accessible.

Doesn’t that defeat the purpose of having a stove where you’re supposed to be able to load it and walk away for the day? Anyway, I do hope you can find a remedy as that is scary having a stove where you’re never sure if it’s going to overfire on you

Wes and Doug,
You guys may have some issues with thermostat setup. The thermostat that was included is a little over complicated for the unit. Try just unhooking the thermostat from the stove. With no signal from the thermostat it will default to low burn as soon as fire is established. Will take awhile maybe 20-30mins depending on how hot stove was when you reloaded it but if that is the problem it will go to 'low burn' and have the nice lazy flames licking the glass,etc.

As long as things are working and no errors (flashing smartburn button) the stove will not overfire. There are defaults in the programming to prevent that. It will get very hot yes, but it has been through safety testing far worse and all the clearance to combustibles are established from safety testing. So if it is installed per manual there is little to worry about.