Advice on new installation please

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

realoldfart

Oct 21, 2009
UK
Hi Guys,

My girlfriend (soon to be wife) and I are near completion on our 2,600 Square foot house in the countryside to the west of Gdansk, Poland. The house is on three floors and is well insulated. The Boiler will be sited in a separate utility/shower room on the lowest level.

It can get very cold in the winter here with quite substantial snow falls.

My questions

Poland is a good source of wood chip (our preferred fuel) but just how realistic is it as a sole source(other than below referred Solar panel) given that from time to time we could be away for up to three weeks?

What would you guys recommend as a practical back up, we are by the way considering a wood burner for our main living room (open plan) just because nearby logs are cheap and we like looking at the flames?

Would a traditional hot water storage tank in the top floor bathroom be sufficient as a heat reservoir?

How do you think that the solar panels we plan for the south facing aspect of the roof would impact on the above?

Many thanks.

NB I originally posted this in the wrong section, sorry.

Status
Not open for further replies.