Advice re stove for 15Ftx13ft room + heat 8 rads

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

darcy

Apr 14, 2008
Ireland
Hi I'm new to the forum and am interested in installing a multi fuel stove to heat our living room and about 9 radiators and also cutting back on oil use. I live in an average size 3 bed semi detached house in Ireland. Our living room is 15x13 ft with an 8 ft ceiling and 1 exterior wall. I have experience of a 4kw wood stove in a room about 25% smaller and thought the room was too hot. We have double doors from the room and could open them but would be keen not to be too hot.
Calculations say we need 2.6kw for the room. I am having a problem finding a multi fuel stove with the right balance i.e about 2.6kw to the room and about 9 to 13 kw to the boiler. Most of the Stanley stoves have too much heat to the room or else the output to the boiler is too low.
I am currently thinking of the Charnwood 45iSLX it has 3.6kw to the room and 9.5kw to the boiler. Has anybody any experience of this stove and if so what size room is being heated + number radiators. The output to the room is more than I wish but am told it can be controlled. Is this control effective or can you just burn a smaller fire.
Any help much appreciated.Many thanks
John

Status
Not open for further replies.