Affordable Quadra Fire Blower Replacement??

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

olgreyhair

Feb 3, 2015
NE PA
Hi all. We have a Quadra Fire 41I-ACC-BK wood insert that is now 8 yrs old. We run this stove 24/7 from November thru April around here.
The blower motor is still going, but I would like to find a replacement before it quits. It's Quadra Fire part number SRV7045-013.
I can find the blower motor online, but they're over $400.00!!
There has to be a more affordable alternative. I hope. Any advice would be appreciated.
Thank you for your time. George

Hi all. We have a Quadra Fire 41I-ACC-BK wood insert that is now 8 yrs old. We run this stove 24/7 from November thru April around here.
The blower motor is still going, but I would like to find a replacement before it quits. It's Quadra Fire part number SRV7045-013.
I can find the blower motor online, but they're over $400.00!!
There has to be a more affordable alternative. I hope. Any advice would be appreciated.
Thank you for your time. George
Pull the blower out and get the actual part number off the blower

Is this the Bodega Bay insert? If so, the blower is very expensive. It would be worth seeing if the fan motor itself is replaceable. Otherwise, you may need to see if Grainger sells a long squirrel cage fan of approx. 180 cfm that will fit on the base plate.

Not Bordega bay but still very expensive.
Blower is a Huayi Model hyf8325U120B You can get the factory blower, but they sell for $375 to $499, which seems crazy. It's just a blower motor.
One questions is that I see alot of blower motors with exposed windings. This blower motor is in a full round steel housing like you would expect an electric motor to look like. Does a wood stove put more heat into the blower motor than a pellet stove? I would think so.