After last weeks failure......

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Beer Belly

Minister of Fire
Oct 26, 2011
Connecticut
I'm feeling a little better about this week....I know...gotta have pics;)
Load #1
DSCN2275.jpg

Load #2
DSCN2274.jpg

Load #2 again
DSCN2276.jpg

DSCN2278.jpg

Got a home for it....
DSCN2277.jpg

Now, don't go kickin' me outa the club....this is what I left, my buddy should be home tonight from Florida.....I gotta work tonight, and tomorrow.....hope it's still there Sunday....but feel good about what I have
DSCN2279.jpg

that's a sizable trunk there. gonna take some grunt to get that cut and loaded and hauled and dumped (and split and stacked) but its sure gonna be worth the effort!

I'd be milling that trunk! Nice pile of wood, BB. Keep the pics coming when you split and stack it.....

that's a sizable trunk there. gonna take some grunt to get that cut and loaded and hauled and dumped
Ooof! I would be quartering those rounds to even get them into the truck. <>

Nice score.
Hope you are able to get the rest of it.
May have to split the big rounds where thy fall, or use a ramp to get them in the truck. ;)

Reactions: Backwoods Savage
two rounds per truck could take a while to haul that home lol

Great firewood! Wish we had some of that oak on our place. We have some but mostly small. Just enough so that we can cut a little most years. Good for mid-winter when the cold really hits.

Good thing is, it's a block away, and along side the road.....so I can tow the splitter, and split on site, all I need is the time to do it.....working nights doesn't help, I'm usually working solo.....I just hope it's still there Sunday.....so my membership is still intact even though I left some behind ???;)

I popped a leaf spring the last time I loaded my friends truck that much !!!

so my membership is still intact even though I left some behind ???;)

Regrettably, that same thing has probably happened to a good number of us I bet. Nice catch of wood.. hope it is waiting for you when ya get back. Neat truck,too.

Reactions: ScotO
Nice load beer. Is it split yet? Lol......

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

Looks like a good bit o wood, and work. Nice!

you did good by grabbing what others would first and leaving the big stuff uncut, so it should still be there when you get back. unless someone here with a big enough saw happens to drive by and see it.

Reactions: basod and ScotO
Thanks guys. The homeowner told me to take all I want before the tree guy comes back to pick it up.....I was thinking of offering the tree guy $40 to deliver the trunk to my house around the corner, but he also sells firewood, so I'm not sure he'd go for it.

"I popped a leaf spring the last time I loaded my friends truck that much !!!"
My Wife yells at me when I load her up like that....but it's what I bought it for....maybe I should of kept my 2500HD

"Neat truck,too"
Thanks....I do love that truck....almost bought a new one, but I can't justify $47,000 for a truck....besides, this one has an option that a newer one doesn't......it's paid off:).....I was thinking of getting an ol' dump truck, or flatbed, but then thats another thing I gotta pay yearly personal property tax on.​

Hope its still there for you. Looks like a nice haul.

Hopefully by now you have it all hauled home.

Still a couple of smaller lengths there.....and also the big trunk.....somebody has been picking at it, if we get some decent weather, and I get some time, maybe I'll try working it again. I did split what I grabbed, and stacked most of it, now gotta make more room.....yes, here's a picture (Poplar rounds next to the splits are a part of previous weeks failure)
DSCN2280.jpg

Nice load and work.

Good score!! I have a similar sized oak trunk I'm working on. Borrowed a friends trailer w/ramp, plan to roll them into the trailer and split at home. I'm usually solo too but I'm hoping the Mrs. is around when I get to the realy big stuff.

Speaking of the Mrs., she asked if this is next year's wood...I replied nope, it's for 2015. Should have had a camera for the look on her face.

she asked if this is next year's wood...I replied nope, it's for 2015. Should have had a camera for the look on her face.

Friends & neighbors think we're crazy.
When the wife agrees with them, (The "are you crazy " look) we've reached the pinnacle of wood processing.
Good job!

Reactions: CageMaster and zap
Status
Not open for further replies.