Air wash glass on King Deluxe Pellet Stove, KP130/5502

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Darkwing

Oct 11, 2018
New Jersey
Hello...

I have that named stove and was wondering if i am doing anything wrong...
In the description it says "
  • Air wash Glass
And in my little world, i would think, that it cleanse or at least keeps glass somewhat clean...
Does that work for anyone?
First it turns milky, than black...
Mostly run it on level 1 but happens also on level 2...
Never use stove on higher then 2

Thx!!

Is there a gap on the bottom of the glass where the gasket is missing? There should be, that is the air wash.

Also most stoves have a rough time burning clean on the lowest settings, just the nature of the beast.

Air gap? Seal missing? Hmmm...havent looked/seen anything...
Will check at home...

Soooo...
Just looked some more intense the other day...
The front glass is all way round well sealed by metal pressed stove seal fabric...this cord looking stuff...
Any idea?

Number 6 is your door glass gasket. The very bottom of the gasket is missing by design that is your air wash

66930AE4-66BD-48CF-B0F6-52C612BCFE0B.png

Thx for looking that up...is it is supposed to be missing, that i had a very busy assembler on my stove, cause the bottom part is also roped...
I have a solid surrounding of the glass...maybe thats my issue...
Will dig some into that...
THX!!!

Air wash on my high valley don't work with the stove on low setting (air closed low). Turn it up and see what it does, that's how i clean out my glass if it happens to get black i just open up the air and that takes care of the black build up, rule of thumb for me is if my glass blackens then i'm not running her hot enough

Hmmm, interesting theory, since stove runs mostly on level 1 (due to noise, heat and pellet usage)
Never had on three...or even higher...
Will try that...
Do you have experience about time frame to see clearing of glass?

Hmmm, interesting theory, since stove runs mostly on level 1 (due to noise, heat and pellet usage)
Never had on three...or even higher...
Will try that...
Do you have experience about time frame to see clearing of glass?
Oh its quick, i see a difference within minutes of the temp rising,but at times it might get cloudy but the i clean when ever i am able to let the stove cool off enough

You can clean the glass with newspaper. Mine got really dirty when I did not have enough air (chimney). I burn my Harmon XXV on the Thermostat setting. Set it at 75f for house to be 74f in the hallway. Combustion fan goes and down in speed.

Oh...cleaning it is not the issue, it just that we have to clean it every time we vacuum it...
Will check the once in while full throttle idea and see how it goes...
Havent tried stove on Thermostat yet...not sure if i will...