Alaska Kodiak Wood Stove Manual (c 1980's)

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Did anyone get a scan of the manual yet? I wouldn't mind having that as well as my parents have the same stove.

Hello everyone, Happy New Year. Great forum! I am completely new to wood stoves and had a question regarding a 1980's Kodiak Stove my wife and I recently purchased from a couple who switched to a pellet stove...

Is there anyone on this forum who would happen to have the manual to the stove in the provided picture...my wife and I would greatly appreciate any information you might have regarding this brand and model.
I need one too! did you ever find one? is it possible to get an electronic copy from you?

Thread is a few years old. It seems unlikely a manual is going to show up.

Thread is a few years old. It seems unlikely a manual is going to show up.
I was out here looking for some other information. I do have a copy of the kodiak wood stove manual from the Alaska Company. Does anyone still need this? I am a bit busy early this week but later in the week I can get a copy scanned and uploaded if there is still anyone interested in having a copy.

I was out here looking for some other information. I do have a copy of the kodiak wood stove manual from the Alaska Company. Does anyone still need this? I am a bit busy early this week but later in the week I can get a copy scanned and uploaded if there is still anyone interested in having a copy.

That would be excellent! Please do share as it would be a great resource to have around.

Thanks Bill ! That has been a long time coming. It will be saved in the Stove Wiki section for the future generations these stoves will outlive.

upload_2016-9-8_20-56-15.png
Priceless !

Attachments

• upload_2016-9-8_20-55-9.png
    upload_2016-9-8_20-55-9.png
    88.4 KB · Views: 1,702
Last edited:
Reactions: articcatbill
I would love the manual, not sure if it is the same what as mine but anything is better than nothing. wood stove.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Click on thread #36 above to download.

Yes that is a Kodiak for sure, is that a fireplace insert? It kind of looks like it from the picture but hard to tell. The manual does list brick layouts etc for the fireplace inserts. Nice stove we had the big Kodiak free standing for years, they are a great stove, well built for sure. Heated our home for at least 20 years with that stove. As mentioned you can download the .pdf file above in post 36. Enjoy!

Did this ever get posted? Friend of mine would love to see this

Yes it is in this thread and the I think it is posted in the library as well. just look above in post 36 and it is posted there.