Alderlea T6 for $1k

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

illini81

Feeling the Heat
Apr 7, 2017
Southeastern CT
If anyone is looking for an Alderlea T6, there is one on Facebook Marketplace in Buffalo NY for $1k. The guy says it was only used for ~ 1 month.

I'm looking for a much smaller stove for my shed, but stumbled on this one and figured someone on here might benefit.

If it was a lot closer I'd check it out. They need to include an interior shot.

Yeah I was somewhat tempted to buy it for our basement flue that currently doesn't have a stove hooked up... But I just bought a second Boston 1700, and so my wife currently suspects that I'm crazy. A third stove would probably push her over the edge

I would fix it up for resale during peak season.

I called just about every retailer in my state and not one has a T6 in their store. PE can't give me a time on when one would be available. I don't think they are even in production right now, focusing on their main products.

I did find one store that has a T5. Might have to just go with that one.

Looks like theres a guy selling a lightly used Regency 2500 (hybrid) for cash in Suffern NY (old stove dealer, thinking he's just selling old stock out of his garage or something)

That ad is 2 years old. May not even be for sale anymore. Looks a bit rough.

I called just about every retailer in my state and not one has a T6 in their store. PE can't give me a time on when one would be available. I don't think they are even in production right now, focusing on their main products.

I did find one store that has a T5. Might have to just go with that one.
How large an area will it be heating?

Around 1400 sq ft main level.
If the place is well insulated the T5 will handle most of the load. The central heat may be needed to supplement during extreme cold events below zero but, depending on the house heat loss, this could be the case even with a larger stove.

Around 1400 sq ft main level.
How high are your ceilings? I'm assuming the house is built to insulation code for zone 5 or 6?

How high are your ceilings? I'm assuming the house is built to insulation code for zone 5 or 6?
8 ft ceilings, open floor plan. Not sure on the insulation. House seems pretty tight despite my 20 year old windows. Hoping to replace them next year. I've called every retailer in the state, most in WI, N. Iowa, and East SD/ND. A couple have the T5 in stock but thats it.