AlderleaT4 PE Review

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

European Burner

Dec 17, 2021
Madrid
AlderleaT4 PE Review
In the month of October I decided to buy my mother a wood stove in anticipation of the rise in gas prices that we were going to have in Europe. After spending quite some time browsing this forum, I forgot about the European manufacturers and decided to buy a Pacific Energy T4 for a small one-story home of about 800 square feet. The stove came with some transport damage that I fixed myself, the rear sheet metal casing was damaged, the trivets did not fit correctly and the door was off the hook. Once these defects were corrected, we proceeded to install the chimney pipe. Inside the house, a simple tube of about 3 feet with a 90-degree elbow and on the outside, an 11-meter-high double-walled tube with interior insulation. The first fire was difficult for me to understand since I was used to my insert that lights faster. But once we have got the hang of it, we cannot be happier with this decision, it is definitely an incredible stove that leaves no one indifferent. In our case, as the stove is oversized with respect to the house, we can keep it warm with a very small amount of firewood and with long recording times. As the house is well insulated, it normally starts up around 1:00 p.m. and is allowed to cool down around 7:00 p.m., keeping the house at a good temperature until the next day with temperatures between 64 when it is completely off and 72 when it is on. When we turn it on we spend about 30 or 40 minutes with the air fully open and then it closes practically completely and we forget about having to regulate it, achieving very good heat and long times. Still the glass stays clean and doesn't make too much ash using hardwoods. We only use a little pine at the beginning of the ignition. On the coldest days I have tried to fill it completely and turn it on from top to bottom and practically I have not had to recharge it again, if any small trunk until I let it turn off.
I have realized that perhaps the stoves are more efficient than the inserts and I am seriously thinking of changing the current insert in my two-story house for a stove that could be catalytic, since the long recording times are important to me.

Greetings.

Thanks for the review. I think it's the first from Madrid! Getting the stove was a wise move considering the state of energy in the EU. I'm glad it is working out well for your mother.

AlderleaT4 PE Review
In the month of October I decided to buy my mother a wood stove in anticipation of the rise in gas prices that we were going to have in Europe. After spending quite some time browsing this forum, I forgot about the European manufacturers and decided to buy a Pacific Energy T4 for a small one-story home of about 800 square feet. The stove came with some transport damage that I fixed myself, the rear sheet metal casing was damaged, the trivets did not fit correctly and the door was off the hook. Once these defects were corrected, we proceeded to install the chimney pipe. Inside the house, a simple tube of about 3 feet with a 90-degree elbow and on the outside, an 11-meter-high double-walled tube with interior insulation. The first fire was difficult for me to understand since I was used to my insert that lights faster. But once we have got the hang of it, we cannot be happier with this decision, it is definitely an incredible stove that leaves no one indifferent. In our case, as the stove is oversized with respect to the house, we can keep it warm with a very small amount of firewood and with long recording times. As the house is well insulated, it normally starts up around 1:00 p.m. and is allowed to cool down around 7:00 p.m., keeping the house at a good temperature until the next day with temperatures between 64 when it is completely off and 72 when it is on. When we turn it on we spend about 30 or 40 minutes with the air fully open and then it closes practically completely and we forget about having to regulate it, achieving very good heat and long times. Still the glass stays clean and doesn't make too much ash using hardwoods. We only use a little pine at the beginning of the ignition. On the coldest days I have tried to fill it completely and turn it on from top to bottom and practically I have not had to recharge it again, if any small trunk until I let it turn off.
I have realized that perhaps the stoves are more efficient than the inserts and I am seriously thinking of changing the current insert in my two-story house for a stove that could be catalytic, since the long recording times are important to me.

Greetings.
I have a T6 that heats our large 2 story house without issue. I think you would be happy with a T5 or T6 for your home.

At this moment I have two options that I have to think about, the first and easiest one could be a PE FP30 insert which is the same firebox as the T6 and would also have the advantage of being able to channel hot air to other rooms as I now have with the Bodart&Gonay. This option would easily solve heating the entire box since Pacific Energy FP30 reaches 28KW (95500Btu/h) and it would only be to change one insert for the other.
The other option is to put in a Blaze King 40, which I think would also heat the whole house with no problem and could also get long burn times. With this option I think I could optimize firewood consumption much better than with the FP30, since there are some winter months when the weather is not so cold. However, the FP30 is much easier to get here and the BK would have to be imported (although there are distributors in Europe).
Right now I am in doubt, but what I am clear about is that Bodart is not enough for my house.

Greetings.

This is a photo of the stove, wonderful!

IMG_7307.jpg

Reactions: begreen