All In!! Pics added for your viewing pleasure!!

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
SmokeyTheBear said:
You are asking the elderly folks on this forum what day it is?

It is the first day in a batch of Company Best Pickles and it may also be a sour pickle day as well, depends on whether or not I want a nap this afternoon.

ETA: No sour pickles today, no nap either went out trying to scrounge up a blackberry or two.

I had a terrible time with pickles this year. It wasn't until after the 5th planting that I decided to try some Slug and Snail killer that they survived longer than a day after pushing up. I did gather about 3 gallons of blueberries though so I'm set for pancakes and pies for a while.

tjnamtiw said:
SmokeyTheBear said:
You are asking the elderly folks on this forum what day it is?

It is the first day in a batch of Company Best Pickles and it may also be a sour pickle day as well, depends on whether or not I want a nap this afternoon.

ETA: No sour pickles today, no nap either went out trying to scrounge up a blackberry or two.

I had a terrible time with pickles this year. It wasn't until after the 5th planting that I decided to try some Slug and Snail killer that they survived longer than a day after pushing up. I did gather about 3 gallons of blueberries though so I'm set for pancakes and pies for a while.

Our blueberry bushes aren't to the point where they produce a lot of berries. But we did get a few quarts up at our son's camp. There are tons of blackberries around, just wish we had more rain than we have had because they aren't ripening too fast.

We have managed to fill 123 jars so far 51 various jams, 72 pickles, and we haven't hit the tomatoes yet. I got back in from feeding the chickens a little treat about an hour ago.

The horn worms have put in an appearance, so my flock of chickens got to play pull the worm apart.

Wow, you've been busy. My tomatoes are about done after all the 100 degree days and no rain. We did manage to put up about 12 gallons of chili and spaghetti sauce though plus eat plenty. Everything else really took a beating. Not a good year. With the prices of food so high, dog food is looking pretty good!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.