All Nighter Baffle??

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

MaineiacBackpacker

Jan 8, 2015
Maine
The Fisher is very similar to the Big Moe All Nighter, which I have. My flue exits the rear of the stove. Does anyone have experience installing a baffle on the All Nighter? Would this same design work for me?

The stove doesn't make much difference, it's the chimney and connector pipe. If you have a strong draft that requires decreasing with damper, it needs a baffle.

Gave you your own thread in the Classic Forum where All Nighter owners may see your question. Didn't throw you out of the Fisher Forum. Well, maybe I did. ;) But welcome to the Forum !

You can do that providing the chimney is correct. What size flue, indoor or outdoor, masonry or insulated prefab? Double wall or single wall pipe inside?

These are what determine efficiency, so if you have an oversize cooler running chimney, you can't always add a baffle reducing the flue temp without creating a creosote issue. Do you use a damper in the pipe now? If so, it can certainly handle a baffle.

The chimney is the engine that drives the stove and makes it work. It is more important than the stove and determines what you can do.

Status
Not open for further replies.