All Nighter Pudgy Glo

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

CTRob

Jul 17, 2016
CT
Question about this little stove. The UL tag states that it's designed for anthracite. Anyone burning wood in this stove? If so how is it? I've read that coal stoves in general have a higher draft and that the wood burns too fast to be efficient.

Any insight or opinions appreciated.

Rob

I just clicked on this because of the thread title.;)

Coal likes air from the bottom, wood from the top. I don't know about this particular stove but in general, burning wood in a coal stove is far from optimum. If you are dedicated to burning wood you need a wood stove.

Reactions: CTRob
Agreed. A modern EPA stove is going to extract much more heat from wood being burned. A coal burner has a different combustion system and usually no reburn technology.

Reactions: CTRob
Thanks for the replies. This is what I was thinking too and just wanted other opinions.

Thanks for the replies. This is what I was thinking too and just wanted other opinions.
I just started using one and can tell you that it is difficult to burn wood. I use kindling then hardwood to get the coal going but it smokes alot with wood. Different airflow. I would love to find a manual for the Pudgy Glo... Stove temp is around 600 with coal!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.