All Nighter stove pipe

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

all night moe

Minister of Fire
Nov 19, 2015
earth
Just a couple quick questions. My in pipe damper is 19'' above the top of the stove outlet, and 15'' above the stove surface. I placed the Rutland burn indicator just below the damper. Is this okay or should the indicator be higher?

Is this single-wall stove pipe? If so I would put it right above the damper.

Reactions: all night moe
Is this single-wall stove pipe? If so I would put it right above the damper.
Yes single wall indeed. This is good because I have a 60qt stock pot I will be adding water too. I wanted to raise the idicator so it will be in clean sight above the pot. I'm insulating the pot with some foil wrap insulation. I will be circulating water in the next room through a water to air HE. Forced convection from a box fan, drawing the air on low speed. Power is coming from a light switch with a slide dimmer. I should be able to easily adjust air speed. Old Moe boils water easily.