All Nighter West- Mid Moe with Glass

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

D. Hermit

Feeling the Heat
Nov 21, 2020
NeK Vermont
Real interesting All Nighter Moe came into the shop for a restoration job. Ive never seen one like it around these parts, and I notice the tag says All Nighter West on it. Made in Indiana apparently?

I did find a little info and a manual on here as well (Ill attach manual as well), that even has a picture of this stove on the top, but the baffle and top/rear vent selection is not on the parts diagram.

Built like a rock, Ive taken apart every piece to clean and inspect. Not a single bad 3/8-16 bolt on it. Glass is original, and the removable baffle looks new still. All the leg levelers came free with bare minimum effort. Both the rear vent cover and the top collar bolts that are welded to the stove, the nuts came right off with some Kroil and impact wrench.

The lady who it belongs too over in NH says they have been using it as primary heat for 30 years and this is the first time they have had work done on it!

Its really been a pleasure to work on it, Ill be sad to see it go next week ha

Ill upload finished pictures in a few days. (it does have removable vent caps, just forgot em for the before pics)

FCFFCC34-1D47-44C4-B67C-79CB924098D3.jpeg 9721BC66-2260-4BF6-B829-B7624BD4FCBA.jpegBC870784-22C4-4D7F-95CF-5A9065DFFC85.jpeg

Attachments

• Allnighter West Manual.pdf
    1.4 MB · Views: 482
How are the air tubes inside? They were a thinner gauge than the rest of firebox and subject to burn through. Maybe that was from not using a blower?

My Goldilocks baffle plate is like new after using as an only heat source that many years too. Only a few firebricks were needed after over 25 years of use.

Air tubes are in fantastic condition still, very solid all around, all the welds are still perfect as well.

Im not sure if they were using a blower or not.