All ready to go!!

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Newburnerwisconsin

Feeling the Heat
Jul 8, 2015
wisconsin
Finally got the 3300 done and ready for the season!

Attachments

• E68E515F-F037-4A82-9DC0-CEB67BBD4DA7.jpeg
    E68E515F-F037-4A82-9DC0-CEB67BBD4DA7.jpeg
    98.8 KB · Views: 146
Finally got the 3300 done and ready for the season!
Clean and neat install. Get the paint baking in fires when it is still warm enough to open windows, preferably with a fan exhausting out of one of them.

Reactions: Newburnerwisconsin
Clean and neat install. Get the paint baking in fires when it is still warm enough to open windows, preferably with a fan exhausting out of one of them.
Yep, that’s the next step. Cold weather coming next week. We already had two frosts here so it won’t be long now.

Great job! I think you're going to have a lot more heat getting upstairs with that steel body/ convection powerhouse. Congrats!!
I expect to heat the entire house off grid with this stove. LP will be the back up for when we are not home. 3.4 cu. ft. firebox. I’m going to fill it up, dial it down and let it burn all night. Keep us posted on your new Oslo as well. I hope it works out for you. The stove would not work with my set up as the side door is in the wrong side.

Reactions: Sailrmike
I have the osburn 2300,same size firebox so should be good for all night heat.had a couple of break in fires with hardly any oder or smoke.

Last edited:
Reactions: Newburnerwisconsin
I have the osburn 2300,same size firebox so should be good for all night heat.had a couple of break in fires with hardly any oder or smoke.
I just had my first break in fire. I did not have any odor either. So far so good. I am amazed how fast the stove heats-up with just a little fire.

I just had my first break in fire. I did not have any odor either. So far so good. I am amazed how fast the stove heats-up with just a little fire.
Yes these osburn stoves heat up real quick.too warm here yet to let it rip.

Yes these osburn stoves heat up real quick.too warm here yet to let it rip.
I have had a couple of all night fires now. Poplar and even Cherry will burn 7 or 8 hours will coals for a re-start. I am pretty happy so far. Oak will be a treat. My old stove did not have this kind of performance.