Alpiner Stove

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

carlocat

Sep 30, 2021
Massachusetts
I bought an Alpiner woodstove and it has no UL plate or serial number. was made in Canada. Did a super install in my good lined chimney but put a 6" ss chimney liner in anyway. Good install the but the building inspector wants a manual for it and I cannot seem to find anything but pictures of the same stove installed. Can anyone please help me? Since it lacks a nameplate or EPA or UL number, I think I got ripped off as my insurance may want either.

Yes, if this is like one of the Fisher Bear stoves then it may predate UL testing. Sell it while the market is hot and pick up a stove that will pass muster with the insurance company and building inspector.