Alternative to stove cement?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

nola mike

Minister of Fire
Sep 13, 2010
Richmond/Montross, Virginia
Is there such a thing? Ideally I'd love some sort of semi-flexible cement like RTV for use in the stove. The joints at the air manifold in my 602 are failing yet again. It doesn't take a lot of knocking to break it loose. Unfortunately, the tiny firebox makes it inevitable that I'm going to hit it occasionally. Just did this 2 years ago (?). I'd like a better solution...

High temp RTV - 600 Deg. F. - will hold a door gasket on a plated stove door.
I don't see why it wouldn't work in the seams of your 602.
If you need to remove it in the future, you'll probably need a grinder.

High temp RTV - 600 Deg. F. - will hold a door gasket on a plated stove door.
I don't see why it wouldn't work in the seams of your 602.
If you need to remove it in the future, you'll probably need a grinder.
This is for the stove interior. I'd need at least 1k'. I've been looking but haven't seen anything malleable that withstands those temps

Is there such a thing? Ideally I'd love some sort of semi-flexible cement like RTV for use in the stove. The joints at the air manifold in my 602 are failing yet again. It doesn't take a lot of knocking to break it loose. Unfortunately, the tiny firebox makes it inevitable that I'm going to hit it occasionally. Just did this 2 years ago (?). I'd like a better solution...
Try JB W eld extreme heat

Try JB W eld extreme heat
Looked at that. Looks like it cures hard. Ended up just using stove cement again. Applied a bunch of it and then smooshed the manifold to the baffle before bolting. Hopefully that will spread it out. Also had a bolt broken towards the rear, which was causing the manifold to sag. Was able to drill it out and replace. And we're back online.

Reactions: kennyp2339
This is for the stove interior. I'd need at least 1k'. I've been looking but haven't seen anything malleable that withstands those temps
Check a refractory supplier out and get some blue ram.we used it to patch ladles that held 3100° molten steel

i use Permaex ultra copper for my gaskets. get it in automotive stores

I looked for the same thing. Never found it.