Am I overlooking anything

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

planner steve

Burning Hunk
Dec 24, 2014
Northern Idaho
It's been a while since I started this project. But things are coming together and wanted to check back and make sure I'm not overlooking anything.

From the picture you can see I'm installing a wood stove in a corner. It will be a PE Super 27 with a blower unit attached on back. I've confirmed there are a little over 4 inches of clearance from combustibles. I am wondering if the blower unit will fit in that tight clearance?

Tile on the wall will be on floor as well. Should extend about 20 inches past the front door of the stove. I believe 16 inches is the minimum so should be OK here?

Stove pipe will be double walled 6 inch. I'll have shelf/mantel that will be about 8 inches wide installed at the top of the tile, it should have 10 inches clearance from the pipe. I believe I only need 6 but wanted to confirm that.

The PVC pipe on floor is fresh air intake. I'll be using a pedestal with the PE Super 27 and the fresh air pipe seems to fall just about center of pedestal. Thanks for earlier push to get this put in when the foundation was poured.

The Dura Vent ceiling support box has an extension in the attic to get well above the insulation.

The stove will be primarily used for back up heat when power goes out in North Idaho. Or for when I want to make a fire just cause or I scored some good free firewood.

Attachments

• IMAG2378.jpg
    IMAG2378.jpg
    40.3 KB · Views: 105
  • Living Room Layout 3 LR.pdf
    570.9 KB · Views: 100
Sounds good. Double wall stove pipe clearance is 6". Extra hearth is not a problem. The blower should have enough room in the corner, though seeing there will be extra room out front it wouldn't hurt to pull the stove out an inch or two.

Sounds good. Double wall stove pipe clearance is 6". Extra hearth is not a problem. The blower should have enough room in the corner, though seeing there will be extra room out front it wouldn't hurt to pull the stove out an inch or two.

I wish I could pull the stove out an inch or two, but one of the things I could have planned better was the relationship of trusses to stove pipe. There is no room to move the stove and I was lucky that I was able to get the 4 inches of clearance to combustibles. Something for others to consider if building a new house.