Americade

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

jeromehdmc

Mar 1, 2009
Kansas City
I'm going to be at the Americade in Lake George NY next week. If any Hearth.com members are going stop by the Harley demo and say hi. Ask for Larry from Kansas City, greying hair and no facial hair.
If there are any locals on here can you point me to some good places to eat and good riding routs. I get to check a bike out every night after the demo and I don't just want to put around town.

I, made it to Americade last year. We had a great time. Not sure about the roads close to Lake George, but I have put many miles on the roads north of there through the mountains. There are many twisty roads and beautiful views.
Hope you have a safe and good time.

If you like smoked meats, take a ride up to Oscar's Smoke House in Warrensburg, about 10 - 15 minutes from the LG Village. Their Applewood Smoked Bacon is to DIE for!

Thanks for the recommendations guys.
DAKSY, being I'm from Kansas City I love anything smoked so I'll have to make it to Oscars.
Are you still riding up with your group? If so come by the Harley demo trailer and say hi.

Hey, jeromehdmc!
I was planning on it, but there is a Patriot Guard Riders Mission for the Veteran's Recovery Program on Friday, 8 Jun at the Gerald B.H. Solomon Saratoga National Cemetery (http://pgrny.org/missions/missions/942-nys-veterans-recovery-program-fri-682012), & I can only get one day off next week. Been going to Lake George for this event since the mid-70s (BEFORE it was even called Americade), & It's pretty much the same each year...There are good roads to ride, thru the Adirondacks, but you might want to check with the locals, as that area got HAMMERED by BIG storms last summer & due to lack of funds, some of the smaller towns may not have repaired all the roads in their areas...

Status
Not open for further replies.