American Harvest (6039) Owners - Advise

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Probably shorted the auger triac
If you or some you know is good at soldering you could replace the triac. Youtube has videos on how to test them. Pictures show what a triac looks like and were to look on your board.
triac.jpgtriac3.jpg

New board time

There are repair service available most are around $150 but if your logic chip is also shorted they can not repair that.
https://pelletstovecontrollerrepair.com/

They do not make a replacement ABC board but you can replace with the 6039 4 button board which is a better board. With shipping and taxes around $199.00. Some of the very first ABC board had a different moplex plug 10 wires in a row if yours has 2 rows of 5 you will not need a new wire harness. If you order a new board make sure you get the one for a 6039 there are many that look the same.https://www.usstove.com/product/circuit-board-assembly-for-6039-multifuel-stove/

Wow, they have been NOS for a while now. Price went down a tad too. I keep a spare in the shop.

Reactions: Ssyko and ARC
You really need to upgrade to the 4 button board anyway.

Reactions: Ssyko and ARC
thanks for all the information i've got from all of you on here. I've now switch over from the ABC to the 4 button circuit board. And now i've ran into some problems. Im sure once i get used to it i should be fine but as for now im running it on HR 3, RF Auto, draft setting 5 and Aux at 7. I've tried putting my manual draft out 1/2 inch, 3/4 inch and all the way out but within half a day my burning pot would be overfill and spilling pellets to the side. i've also tried running the manual draft tray all the way close and still nothing. i've stop the stove and did a clean out all the way to the exhaust blower and my pipping too. still the same. I've also read here and someone said they run their stove at 3,9,2,1 and still over flow my burning pot. any suggestion would be really appreciate thanks

Reactions: ARC
First off, is the board running factory settings? You can reset the board to factory parameters by shutting the unit down and letting it shut off by itself, then unplugging it and plugging it back in. The board should flash the revision numbers and say bye and restart. That puts it on the factory settings (algorithms).

Once on factory parameters you need to set the last button to the right on manual (auto is for a remote T'stat). If you have a remote T'stat select 'auto'.

Put the HR selector (first button on HR5), (RF on 9), DF on auto and Aux on 1.

In manual mode (jumper on the board terminals), The HR setting will determine all the other settings except AUX which is the stirrer rod setting. In Auto, all the parameters are user input which is why I run mine on a remote T'stat. I'm presuming there is a jumper on the board and you did not remove it? If you did, you need to hook up a remote millivolt T'stat to control the firing rates.

If you have the outside air hooked up, keep the draft shutter closed all the time. if you don't (and it's blocked off, open the shutter half way.

I've now switch over from the ABC to the 4 button circuit board

Where did you get a 4 button board in 4 days, it took me over 6 months, lol? All joking aside did you get it from dealer? US stove company uses the same board in many of there stoves but the logic chip is programed different for each stove. For example the 6039 has a 4.1 rpm auger motor but its replacement the 6041 has a 1 rpm auger motor so if you put a 6041 4 button board into a 6039 it would feed to many pellets. Does Heat range go from 1-5 or 1-9? Some boards have model number on a white tag should be 80507. That said my spare board bought new from US stove is a 80575 that US stove has assured me has been reprogrammed to work with my 6039 hopefully I will never have to use it.

Attachments

• tag.jpg
    tag.jpg
    105.7 KB · Views: 75
Reactions: SidecarFlip
After resetting to factory settings as SidecarFlip instructed check C codes and post what C2 and C3 show. Those are your low and high feed rates.

6039 4 Digit Board C Codes
To adjust the operation constants, press the hold the MODE and AUGER DELAY buttons
simultaneously for 3 seconds
. The display will show “C-1”. Use the HEAT RANGE UP or HEAT
RANGE DOWN buttons to change the constant number (see the list of vales below). When the
desired constant is displayed, press the ON button to toggle between viewing and editing the value.
While editing a parameter, use the AUX again to return to the constant number list. Press the OFF
button to exit the operational constants mode.
 C-1- Reset to defaults (hold mode and auger delay buttons for 3 seconds to reset all to
defaults)
 C-2- Fuel Lbs. Per hour HR 1 (0-6.5) - this is the fuel rate in pounds per hour for a heat
range setting of 1. The Default is 2.0lbs per hour.
 C-3- Fuel Lbs. Per Hour HR 9 (0- 6.5) - This is the fuel rate in pounds per hour for a heat
range setting of 9. The Default is 5.0lbs per hour. The fuel rates used between settings of 1
and 9 are linearly interpolated between the two settings.
 C-4-Agitator On Percentage HR1 (0-50) – this is the percent on time for the agitator for
setting of 1. The Default is 25%.
 C_5-Agitator On Percentage HR9 (0-50) – This is the percent on time for the agitator for a
setting of 9. The Default is 50%. The percent on time for the agitator used between
settings 1 and 9 are linearly interpolated between the two settings.
 C-6-Room Fan Level HR 1 (0-500) – This is the output level applied to the room fan for a
setting of 1. The Default value is 250/500.
 C-7-Room Fan Level HR 9 (0-500) – This is the output level applied to the room fan for a
setting of 9. The Default value is 370/500. The Room fan output levels used between
settings 1 and 9 is linearly interpolated between these two settings.
 C-8-Draft Fan Level HR 1 (0-500) – This is the draft fan output lever for a draft fan setting of
1. The Default is 230/500.
 C-9-Draft Fan Level HR 9 (0-500) – This is the draft fan output lever for a draft fan setting of
9. The Default is 270/500.
 C-10-Draft Fan Full On at Setting 9 (0-1) – If this parameter is set to 1 (default), the setting
for C9 is used for a fan speed of 8, and a value of 500 is used for a fan speed of 9. If the
parameter is set to 0, the setting for C9 is used for a fan speed of 9, and all remaining fan
speeds are set based on the interpolation between C9 and C8.
 C-11- Ramp Seconds for Increasing Level (0-300) – When the heat range setting is adjusted,
the control will ramp from the current setting to the target setting to avoid abrupt changes
in the outputs that could cause problems with the flame quality. The Ramp Seconds value
sets the amount of time to spend on each heat range setting as the current setting is
ramping toward the target. If the current setting is ramping down toward a lower target, the
ramp value is half the number. The default value is 90 seconds.
 C-12-Startup Minutes for Detection Warm Stove- (10-60) This is the amount of time the
control will wait for the stove to reach the warm temperature (110°F) after the stove has
been started before shutting down and reporting an Error Condition Err3. The default is
30 minutes.

The issue with resetting the control board by pressing the far left and far right top buttons AT THE SAME TIME, IS JUST THAT. Both buttons have to be depressed EXACTLY at the same time to initiate the sequence, something I find to be difficult, so I didn't mention it.

I'm also curious as to where the board was sourced as well. USSC's lead time is well in the excess of 4 days, more like 4 weeks, if they even have them in stock.

First off, is the board running factory settings? You can reset the board to factory parameters by shutting the unit down and letting it shut off by itself, then unplugging it and plugging it back in. The board should flash the revision numbers and say bye and restart. That puts it on the factory settings (algorithms).

Once on factory parameters you need to set the last button to the right on manual (auto is for a remote T'stat). If you have a remote T'stat select 'auto'.

Put the HR selector (first button on HR5), (RF on 9), DF on auto and Aux on 1.

In manual mode (jumper on the board terminals), The HR setting will determine all the other settings except AUX which is the stirrer rod setting. In Auto, all the parameters are user input which is why I run mine on a remote T'stat. I'm presuming there is a jumper on the board and you did not remove it? If you did, you need to hook up a remote millivolt T'stat to control the firing rates.

If you have the outside air hooked up, keep the draft shutter closed all the time. if you don't (and it's blocked off, open the shutter half way.

i havent remove any jumper on the board. just plug and play. i dont have the outside air kit hook up. and i do believe that i am running it on the factory setting since i havent touch any of the button except switching the HR RF AUX and DF. but i will try the setting you post up there and see how it is. i'll update you on it. thanksw

Where did you get a 4 button board in 4 days, it took me over 6 months, lol? All joking aside did you get it from dealer? US stove company uses the same board in many of there stoves but the logic chip is programed different for each stove. For example the 6039 has a 4.1 rpm auger motor but its replacement the 6041 has a 1 rpm auger motor so if you put a 6041 4 button board into a 6039 it would feed to many pellets. Does Heat range go from 1-5 or 1-9? Some boards have model number on a white tag should be 80507. That said my spare board bought new from US stove is a 80575 that US stove has assured me has been reprogrammed to work with my 6039 hopefully I will never have to use it.

i was looking online and found a 80507 that was said to work with the 6039 stove. so i just plug and play, ran pretty good but after couple hours later my burning pot will just get overflow. now when i try to turn it off the auger will still spit a little pellet at a time and wouldnt completely turn off. man this pellet stove is pissing me off lol. luckily the season is close to over so i wont have to worry about it til next year again unless i get a new stove or go back to burning woods. this board has the Heat range going from 1-9. anyways like you mention above, about the 6039 has the 4.1 rpm auger motor and now i've got the 4 button board do i need to switch my auger motor to the 1rpm motor? i've replace new auger motor, agitator motor, agitator shaft, vacuum switch, blower fan, exhaust fan blower and now the circuit board too lol. i didnt mess with any of the jumper on the back but do i have to remove some? if so any help would be great

now i've got the 4 button board do i need to switch my auger motor to the 1rpm motor
No if the board is a 80507 then it is the 6039 board that runs the 4.1 auger.

i've replace new auger motor,
Do you remember the rpm on the new auger motor, I have ordered a few for others and have been sent anywhere from 4.0 to 4.6 rpm motors and told those were the right ones even though the original is a 4.1 rpm. Even a 4.6 can make the feed rate to high without adjusting using the C Codes.

now when i try to turn it off the auger will still spit a little pellet at a time
Normal shut down procedure the auger continues to bump pellets into pot so fire does not burn back into hopper. It will bump pellets until stove cools off below 110 degrees (up to 45 minutes) room blower will shut off then auger bumps one more time then stove shuts down.

man this pellet stove is pissing me off lol
Keep the sense of humor, all you have to do now is get it tuned in. If it takes a couple hours to fill pot you are close to having it tuned in.
Would still like you to check the C Codes note what C2 C3, (feed rates) and C8 C9 (draft rate). With a little tweaking of those rates you can get stove dialed in. How does the stove run on Heat Range 1? Does it go out or overfill or runs forever?

im running it on HR 3, RF Auto, draft setting 5 and Aux at 7. I've tried putting my manual draft out 1/2 inch, 3/4 inch and all the way out

1/2 to 3/4 is good for HR3 try bumping draft to 6 and put Aux into auto

What does your fire look like, should look like a active campfire?

After resetting to factory settings as SidecarFlip instructed check C codes and post what C2 and C3 show. Those are your low and high feed rates.

 C-2- Fuel Lbs. Per hour HR 1 (0-6.5) - this is the fuel rate in pounds per hour for a heat
range setting of 1. The Default is 2.0lbs per hour.
 C-3- Fuel Lbs. Per Hour HR 9 (0- 6.5) - This is the fuel rate in pounds per hour for a heat
range setting of 9. The Default is 5.0lbs per hour. The fuel rates used between settings of 1
and 9 are linearly interpolated between the two settings.
 C-4-Agitator On Percentage HR1 (0-50) – this is the percent on time for the agitator for
setting of 1. The Default is 25%.
 C_5-Agitator On Percentage HR9 (0-50) – This is the percent on time for the agitator for a
setting of 9. The Default is 50%. The percent on time for the agitator used between
settings 1 and 9 are linearly interpolated between the two settings.
 C-6-Room Fan Level HR 1 (0-500) – This is the output level applied to the room fan for a
setting of 1. The Default value is 250/500.

I've check the C-codes and C-2 is set at 2.00 and C-3 is at 5.00. a, I'm suppose to change it if so what should i change it too?

I've check the C-codes and C-2 is set at 2.00 and C-3 is at 5.00. a, I'm suppose to change it if so what should i change it too?

I would not change the C-2 or C-3 (feed rates) just want to make sure they were the right rates and they are.

Did you check C-8 and C-9? (Draft rates)

Do remember what auger motor you bought for replacement?

Have you tried to run HR-3 with draft rate 6? or even 7?

If pot is overfilling need either less feed or more draft and I would lean toward more draft if HR-3 is the heat setting you use most.

You said you changed the exhaust motor some of them have smaller fins and produce less draft and some of them are not as strong of a motor as they say in their ad.

or go back to burning woods.
Me, I'd never go back to burning chunk wood but then my fuel (corn) is basically free so no point in dealing with chunk wood. splitters, chainsaws and bugs....

Presently, I'm in Notch 5 with the DF in auto, room air on 9 and the stirrer on 1 on remote stat (as usual), but then corn is a different animal compared to pellets. 100% outside air, shutter closed tight.

I keep my room air on 9 99% of the time anyway. Might as well get maximum convection, besides, the cats like it. Have one snoozing on the stovetop presently.

Bit nippy here but nothing like the previous week with the -temps.