American Harvest auger question

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

BDDADDY

Dec 21, 2022
Kansas
Hello everyone, we are having trouble with our American Harvest 6039 wood pellet stove. The auger is not jammed but it only spits out pellets every 5:15 or 30 minutes before it stops and the fire dies. We have to tap it with a hammer in order for it to start going again. As I said we've checked for any type of jamming it has been thoroughly cleaned we have even reset the stove but for some reason it continues to only work for a short period of time and we have to tap it to get it to work again. Is anybody know what to do about this or what the problem is? Since it's been clean I wouldn't say it was an air flow but I'm not sure

we have to tap it to get it to work again
What are you tapping? I can think of some possibilities 1. tension pin that holds coupler onto motor is broken.(only catches some times turning auger) 2. motor is dirty or bad over heating(can you hear motor hum or whine) 3. small burr on auger is catching on edge of hopper(mine did this right at the right front corner I filed auger and used drumel on auger tube edge) 4. carbon build up on end of auger tube is hang auger up. (doesn't take much carbon to stop the auger) 5. Are you sure the tapping is restarting the auger or is opening and closing the door resetting the seal. You could be losing the vacuum on the door seal after stove heats up.

tension pin.jpg coupler.jpg 6039 auger.png build up.jpg