American Wood Fiber

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Marina1327

Apr 23, 2015
New Jersey
Lowes near me has 3300 of these in stock, just dropped their price and was thinking of picking some up tomorrow to try out...I am not seeing much on here about them? Anyone tried them?

Reactions: Chris & Sarah
037461541094lg.jpg

Run. Run far away from those. The bag is filled with saw dust. Pellets left a wet sticky black creosote substance throught my stove. One of the only pellets to make me fear burning down my house. I traded 4 bags to afellow member here

Reactions: Bucks Pellets
I live in south Jersey...Cherry Hill area.

Marina, Lordmetal hates all pellets. Don't listen to him. ==c Many users really like the black-bagged AWF Ultra's. If I could get to that Lowes (my daughter lives in Northern NJ) I'd be filling up the truck.

Marina, Lordmetal hates all pellets. Don't listen to him. ==c Many users really like the black-bagged AWF Ultra's. If I could get to that Lowes (my daughter lives in Northern NJ) I'd be filling up the truck.

I would love to get my hands on some of the premium pellets that seem so readily available more in the northeast. It seems so limited down my way unless I make a road trip.

Run. Run far away from those. The bag is filled with saw dust. Pellets left a wet sticky black creosote substance throught my stove. One of the only pellets to make me fear burning down my house. I traded 4 bags to afellow member here
I too, had the same experience with those pellets as LordmetalZ28 has experienced. I feared a fire myself, from that black sticky creosote. I have NEVER experienced this sticky build-up with any other pellet I have ever burnt before. They did scare me. Plus also, they would not slid down the walls of the hopper and fire would burn out because of pellets hanging up. I never had this issue either, with any other kind of pellet. They did burn nice & hot, low ash, but that sticky creosote, turned me away.

Depends on your stove. These were the best pellets for me last year. No build up and very little ash and they really put out the heat. I would not hesitate to buy them one bit. I did not experience the large amount of fines that I have heard a few complain about. If your running a Harman I think you will love them.

Reactions: Jack Morrissey
I loved these pellets. 2nd best to Okies in my stove.stove. Havent seen ant around here at all this year

Reactions: Marina1327
Next time I visit my daughter in NJ, I'll bring some down and you can pick up some AWFU's for me.
You could of had a deal if AWF were actually what lowes had in stock. I went there this morning and they gave me Clean Energy pellets...so that is what I will be trying out when the temporary spring we have now in NJ passes.

You could of had a deal if AWF were actually what lowes had in stock. I went there this morning and they gave me Clean Energy pellets...so that is what I will be trying out when the temporary spring we have now in NJ passes.
Those clean energys you purchased are actually hamers hot ones. Damn good pellet. Enjoy

Those clean energys you purchased are actually hamers hot ones. Damn good pellet. Enjoy

Thanks...I did read that in another thread that they were rebagged Hamers....they look lighter than the other pellets and they smell like pine trees. I just did a complete vacuum of the hopper to get rid of the sawdust and filled it back up....just waiting for the sun to go down to try them out...:)

My lowes advertizes them on the website. I Went to get some yesterday to try but they dont carry them.. but yet it showed 7000 plus in stock :-/ i wasnt too happy but grabbed some prestos to try instead.

My lowes advertizes them on the website. I Went to get some yesterday to try but they dont carry them.. but yet it showed 7000 plus in stock :-/ i wasnt too happy but grabbed some prestos to try instead.

Same thing happened to me at the Amherst, NH store.

the lowes here in ohio has american wood fibers but there in a white bag with blue and orange lettering on them. i burned 6 bags and the best way i can describe them is there pretty close to lignetics i get,except there not as dark of a pellet. burn good and there 200 a ton without tax right now

My Lowes down here in Westminster, MD has them in stock also. I bought 5 bags just in a pinch. I have been using the AWF Hardwood all winter. The pine softwood from Lowes produced about 20 degree LESS heat blowing out than the hardwood. I would have thought since they were pine it would have been the opposite. I didn't like them.

My Lowes down here in Westminster, MD has them in stock also. I bought 5 bags just in a pinch. I have been using the AWF Hardwood all winter. The pine softwood from Lowes produced about 20 degree LESS heat blowing out than the hardwood. I would have thought since they were pine it would have been the opposite. I didn't like them.

After burning Lignetics for a number of years in a Quadre-Fire insert, I switched to the AWF Ultra Premium Soft Pine 3 years ago a couldn't be happier. Much less sawdust,little ash and no clinkers - so they are worth the slight price premium. I generally buy mine in Ellicott City, MD.

Tom

One of the Best big box store pellets I have bought!! And I'm not the only one who says that. Wish I could find them around here...

Status
Not open for further replies.