Amherst Foundry?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

maple1

Minister of Fire
Sep 15, 2011
Nova Scotia
Mentioned here & there on these forums about the dinosaur at our cottage. Well, we're here this weekend and it's keeping us warm. So thought I'd post a couple pics. Anyone have or see one of these before? Family heirloom, with some roots in Amherst.

20201017_125824.jpg20201017_125804.jpg20201017_125749.jpg

That's a good looking stove. Watch that crack.

That's a good looking stove. Watch that crack.

The one at the handle? Yes, watch it closely. My late uncle had the stove rehabbed before it got installed, when he built the new cottage. There's an interior repair on that, still seems solid. It could maybe use some paint in places. There is no way I would use it full time for 'real' heating but it helps get us a few extra weekends out there. And just sits there looking good the rest of the time.