An Abundance of Wood - What to do when offered more?

Hksvr4

Dec 3, 2019
NY
Removed 6 huge red oaks by my house. Some are appx. 85feet tall. One stump measured 45" round and others appx. 33" round. Log length ranging from 55"-75" long. This was a month ago. Can't wait to cut and split them! I hired a tree contractor to do the work and let me tell you, that's one dangerous profession to get into.

Can someone tell roughly how many full cords this is?
log pile.jpg

robj80

Oct 5, 2018
Oxford, CT
Rob, I'm still cutting for my neighbor and there is probably more wood there than I will need. Are you still interested? Felled trees I cut into rounds. You would have to pick and haul.
Sorry been away from the site for a bit. I'd pickup some rounds if they are available. I only have time on weekends though.

Reactions: davidmsem

davidmsem

Feeling the Heat
Oct 30, 2014
New haven, Connecticut
Removed 6 huge red oaks by my house. Some are appx. 85feet tall. One stump measured 45" round and others appx. 33" round. Log length ranging from 55"-75" long. This was a month ago. Can't wait to cut and split them! I hired a tree contractor to do the work and let me tell you, that's one dangerous profession to get into.

Can someone tell roughly how many full cords this is?
View attachment 252817
That's awesome burning wood!

davidmsem

Feeling the Heat
Oct 30, 2014
New haven, Connecticut
Sorry been away from the site for a bit. I'd pickup some rounds if they are available. I only have time on weekends though.
There is some stuff that can burn right away. Get me your contract info and I'll let you know.