And now Mercedes says it will have an all electric fleet by 2030

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

begreen

Mooderator
Staff member
Nov 18, 2005
South Puget Sound, WA
The momentum is picking up as another major manufacturer commits to going all-electric. According to the AP, over 10% of their sales are already hybrid or electric. "Daimler said that as of 2025, it expects electric and hybrid electric cars to make up 50 percent of sales."

no, "be dominantly electric". That's not "all-electric". Only all new vehicles (models) would be electric.

I do think this is good, but it is also in response to the more progressive European pushes. I think they will keep some (by then hopefully "historic"!) ICE versions to sell - e.g. here in the US.

These are all top end cars and the prices are high as well as the design on that car because the doors look like half a door in order to save money on the metal--cutting corners here--but they say it has more room inside and just too "snappy" looking for me --I am old fashion and would not be buying a car like that and maybe they did that to make it lighter but its not for "us poorer folk my opinion here,,I heard that these cars only have a range of about 300 miles (heresy not proven) and unless they get the the charging capabilities a lot better I really do not see long distance travel with these things...clancey

no, "be dominantly electric". That's not "all-electric". Only all new vehicles (models) would be electric.

I do think this is good, but it is also in response to the more progressive European pushes. I think they will keep some (by then hopefully "historic"!) ICE versions to sell - e.g. here in the US.
I think the Mercedes brand will move to all electric, but Daimler also owns other engine powered enterprises.

They will keep some ICE car models for the markets that do not have the infrastructure to support EVs. I think these will be 3d world sales and not in the US. Not sure about their truck and van sales. The AP had a more detailed report on their plans. (Note there is a typo in this article. It says 2080, but it should be 2030)

Reactions: stoveliker