And the cycle starts again...

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

nailed_nailer

Minister of Fire
Hearth Supporter
Oct 29, 2007
Cape Cod, Ma
I woke this morning to the house hovering at about 66 degs. A bit too nippy for my and way too frosty for the wife.

I had given the Enviro a deep cleaning about a month ago, so it was ready to go. But, I hadn't run the brush down the vent.

So after my dentist appt. this morning I got out the ash vac and had the wife hold it at the base of the vent pipe. I ran the brush down and cleaned out the pipe good.

I attached the "T" and plugged in the stove.

By this time the house was around 70 but I wanted to make sure the stove was up and running for the morning.

I threw in a handful of pellets....hit them with the torch....adjusted the damper....and poof instant smile on the wifes face.

House was at 77 in no time.

9-18-08.jpg

I have 1 ton of Green Supreme's loaded in the basement and have two more tons on order. I will probably have to buy another before the season is out. But, for now we are all set.

With home heating oil running at the $3.50 a gal http://www.newenglandoil.com/massachusetts/zone7.asp?x=0 I am so happy I installed this stove last year.

---Nailer---

Stove looks great.

Inside temps for me this morning were about 69F
with no heat on but yeah, 66 would be too cool for me also.
In April I gave the stove a full cleanout including the pipe
but I might pull the blowers and run the compressor over them
just to blow out any dust and junk that built up over the summer.

Last October (2007) my wife set the thermostat on the oil furnace at 56 degrees. That's where it stayed. This year I told her she could put the Revolution thermostat at 64. Must be gettin' soft in my dotage.

Status
Not open for further replies.