And you guys were critiquing my form...

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Stax

Minister of Fire
Hearth Supporter
Dec 22, 2010
Southeastern PA
Right from Fiskars.

Attachments

• Fiskars.jpg
    Fiskars.jpg
    135.4 KB · Views: 835
Ha! Two wrongs don't make a right! ;-P Cheers!

Hey Stax- by the looks of all that split wood in your post of 16 February -
1. Your method made a ton of splits.
2. No unjuries.
3. If it works, don't fix it.

That may well work when using the hatchet... ;-P

I wasn't critiquing you Stax....but I don't want to see you beat yourself up either!

That poor dumb b.... Whoops. That poor fellow looks like he might very well hurt himself. It is hard to believe they would post that.

Fiskars doesn't discriminate.

My baseball coach used to say all the time " Real Men Dont Choke Up on the Bat" so I use that method when splitting. Longer handle makes it easier for me, I say all that to say, Whatever works for folks, if it works go for it.

In that top pic, does he maintain that bent over posture through all the splitting? Perhaps just swings while bent or is he lurching out to the wood. Sounds impossible to be true but my back hurts just looking at that.

Status
Not open for further replies.