another enviro empress question / problem?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

mysticlaker

Hearth Supporter
Dec 23, 2008
Medford, MA
Hi,

I hope this is just a fluke after getting the auger motor fixed (which corrected our burn problem) just last week.

Today, I turned off the stove for a cleaning. When I turned it back the fire started quickly, but it the control board never let go of control for the thermostat to take over (yellow light kept on blinking)...I turned off the stove, unplugged it, checked all the seals, restarted it, and it worked correctly. I didn't see anything wrong with any of the seals when I checked, but just open/closed the door.

I hope this is a fluke, but was wondering if anyone knows what this could be possibly be? After reading the tech mauals, I was wondering if this could be a sensor problem (not sensing the stove was hot enough to give control to the thermostat)...Anyone else ever see this? Should I worry about this? I'm travelling soon for work, and was hoping these problems would be resolved so my wife wouldn't have to worry about them.

Thanks for anyone'e help!

MysticLaker

Status
Not open for further replies.