Another Fresh Air Intake Question

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

robertw121

Aug 8, 2022
New England, USA
So I just got my Enviro M55C set up and burning and I keep coming back to the idea of installing a fresh air intake. Of course the manual strongly suggests installation of one but it offers no instructions or guidelines. The stove is in the basement/1st floor of our raised ranch so I would have to build an intake with a vertical rise of about 4ft and horizontal run of about 2-3ft (3"dia) What is stopping me from moving forward is mainly cosmetic LOL I spent a lot of time and effort making my install look the way I want and having another 3" pipe feel like it might look weird. I plan on using rigid 3" vent pipe and painting it black to match. Has anyone else done this and have pictures to offer? I can't seem to find any pictures online. Also can anyone tell me if 6-8ft of 3in pipe would be too restricting to render the intake ineffective?

Pellet Stove.jpg

You have a nice clean set-up!!
I see no reason not to install an oak
it would give your installation a modern industrial look
which should complement your stove

Reactions: robertw121
This an install I did a couple years ago, later pipes were painted by new owners

A9071403-C21B-4B62-9D72-8A99C6E40BF0.jpeg

Reactions: robertw121