Air intake is ugly

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

E.Merckx

Nov 11, 2019
New England
I had a fresh air intake installed. Works great but the wife hates the way it looks. Although it is behind the stove, she can see it and the 4ish feet of silver insulated ducting makes her gag. Does anyone have any pics or links I can look at for inspiration on how to cover it or make it look nicer? Maybe put the duct in a rigid black metal pipe or something? Thanks.

Can you remake it in rigid dryer vent and paint it black??

On Amazon:
TerraBloom Flexible 4 Inch Ducting - Black 8 Feet Flex Aluminum Duct with 2 Clamps – 4 Layer HVAC Ventilation Air Hose - Great For Grow Tents, Dryer Rooms, House Vent Register Lines
(Every time I posted the link the forum made it media and did not show it.)

51E9N79hyJL._AC_SL1400_.jpg

Amazon product ASIN B076SKQKK3

Last edited:
Post a picture of yours so we can see what we are dealing with please.

I had a fresh air intake installed. Works great but the wife hates the way it looks. Although it is behind the stove, she can see it and the 4ish feet of silver insulated ducting makes her gag. Does anyone have any pics or links I can look at for inspiration on how to cover it or make it look nicer? Maybe put the duct in a rigid black metal pipe or something? Thanks.