Another Fresh air question?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

OPtaylor

Nov 25, 2014
va
I can understand that burning pellets that may have excessive moisture can cause a less than desirable burn but does the actual fresh air feeding the OAK have any effects on burn with relation to air humidity. I know cold dry air causes more complete combustion, at least w gas engines, or so I have read? Does anyone see a difference in burning on days that is steadily raining and the air is "saturated" with moisture. Just curious

Can you easily disconnet the oak on a rainy day and observe?
I added the oak this fall, thought it may have looked like a different burn than what i recalled from last year, but the last fire had been months before so i may have a selective memory.
Spring will be a better indicator if the outdoor conditions effect the fire, we'll see.

Mine with excessive moisture the ash built on the heat exchanger and wall on the stove

Status
Not open for further replies.