Another generator question

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

bosco

Oct 14, 2010
MA
I have been driving myself crazy trying to figure out a solution for electric backup for our st croix prescott stove. Seeing that is requires pure sine wave, I was looking for the best option. It seems people like the honda generators. I was checking this one out....http://www.hondapowerequipment.com/...tion=P2GG&modelname=EU2000i&modelid=EU2000IAN

It doesn't say pure sine wave, and I was wondering if anyone on this forum was using one of theseor the 1000eu to power their stove requiring pure sine. Any opinions are much appreciated. Thanks!

you could look into those power supplies for computers that only use the battery to power the load all the time, I think those put out the power you are looking for, that way any cheaper generator should work.

The issue of having pure sine wave power is really only a problem for people who want to power their stove from a 12v dc battery through an inverter (all but the most expensive inverters make "modified" or "square" sine waves...not good for stove blower motors) .

Most generators use the same type generator system as the regular power companies do, although on a small and less sophisticated level.

Any decent genny should power a pellet stove. This thread talks about one that got good reviews:

www.hearth.com/econtent/index.php/forums/viewthread/66904/

Status
Not open for further replies.