Another Lange 6302A

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Brigos

Oct 2, 2015
NH
I have a 6302A that I am going to rebuild however upon inspecting it to get a basic list of needs a couple things have come to light. 1) the top baffle in the stove has marks similar to what you would see with diamond plate wondering if this is a normal finding, the diamond plate like hashes are down, toward the fire box. 2) The diagrams I have seen for this stove show a rear liner...mine does not have one, it also does not have a piece sticking off of the back box like the sides do to hold said rear liner on. I have scraped the inside rear of the stove thinking that it must have broken off at some point (came with a house I recently purchased) without finding any evidence of a piece having been there, did there happen to be manufacturing changes at any time that would have made this normal? Thanks for the help, love this site.

That does sound peculiar. There should be a protrusion in the back for the rear liner to get attached. Is there a baffle bypass control? One possibility is that this might be a knock-off stove.

That does sound peculiar. There should be a protrusion in the back for the rear liner to get attached. Is there a baffle bypass control? One possibility is that this might be a knock-off stove.

Yep there is a bypass and said rear panel on the outside of the stove has L.Lange & Co Svendborg Denmark embossed, the side panels have the correct relief pic too of the deer and boy.

That's an odd one.

I'm perplexed why the rear shield is not in place. In this style stove I like to see a rear shield. Without one the risk of overheating the back and cracking it can be higher. Our 602's rear back was cracked by house guests overfiring the stove. After that happened I added a custom rear liner.

I agree, have used it like this without realizing, glad that it did not crack. Will be taking it apart and having it addressed.

Status
Not open for further replies.