Another trailer load!

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Swampy

Sep 28, 2011
NW
Been trying to catch up with all you guys....I got a long ways to go but thought I'd show a pic. It's my third trailer load and I probably have 7 or 8 cord I'm guessing for next couple years.

All Doug fir.

Merry Christmas.

Attachments

• IMAG0194.jpg
    IMAG0194.jpg
    65.1 KB · Views: 562
Very impressive, nice trailer and load of wood, what do you pull that with.

Wow, that's an impressive load.

Thanks, the trailer deck is 17ft x 5 1/2ft wide, bucked at 18" give or take. Very green wood (like 3 days) and felt heavy behind the truck. I wanted to go through a weigh scale just to know how heavy but there were none enroute. I would guess 6 or 7k pounds just by feel of known equip I've had on the same trailer...hard to say. I guess ill have to get another load and weigh it!! Pulled with 180k mile chevy duramax 3/4 ton, no problem.

"Don't mind the mule , load the wagon " :)
Green; I bet over 7k.
Got any on the truck?
Looking for a trailer just like it, my single axle don't like 6k on it, (maybe I can add an axle)
Looks like a few months worth of heat,
looks like an all day job to get that big load
Nice load, good job.

2 cord+ of green wood 6 or 7K? Sounds like you and I have similar rationalization skills.

Nice load swampy, makes my 5x10 look like a baby. I was recently hauling green bur oak , only 3 miles, but there's no way I could really load her up. Way to heavy. Ash on the other hand , no problem. :)

I'd say you are catching up with three loads on that trailer! Nice work, but something tells me the work is not complete though ;-)

Well if a guys got to burn $4 per gallon diesel you better make it count right! None in the truck...I figured I had enough tongue weight! I tow with weight disrtribution bars from the trailer to hitch and it takes tongue weight and transfers
Foward to the front axle...for anybody curious or contemplating a set, they are worth every penny to tow heavy loads with a pick up safely.
Anyway, thanks for all the kind words...and as I've read throughout this forum many times- yes, the work and the wood is strangely addicting!

Attachments

• IMAG0188.jpg
    IMAG0188.jpg
    61.1 KB · Views: 404
  • IMAG0187.jpg
    IMAG0187.jpg
    64.2 KB · Views: 395
Swampy, that is super. Yes, it is a lot of work but it can also be enjoyable. Keep cutting like you are and you will pass many of us. We don't mind it at all either.

Wow. I haul my wood with a dodge dakota 6 foot bed. That load would take me all day and maybe then some. However, I would be smiling the whole time cuz I just scored! Nice load o' wood.

Swampy said:
Been trying to catch up with all you guys....I got a long ways to go but thought I'd show a pic. It's my third trailer load and I probably have 7 or 8 cord I'm guessing for next couple years.

All Doug fir.

Merry Christmas.

Very nice, Merry Christmas.

Zap

very nice, so jealous.

i need a trailer. i work with a guy that has several mature trees dying due to city doing dirt work near the back of his property. i went one day to look at it and got part of one tree with truck and 4-wheeler trailer. bad part is he is close to 1hr away, i would spend alot in diesel without a bigger trailer. i priced dump trailers, yikes, i had no idea how much $$$$ they were.

Doug fir is AWESOME wood! Great job!

Oregon Bigfoot

Status
Not open for further replies.