another wood use question

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

jkupcha

Dec 21, 2006
THought it would be fun to see how much wood people use on a daily basis. I heat a 3000sf house with a Napoleon nz6000 zc fireplace. Burn all day.

I store the wood in one of those 3 foot black iron rings which I load up when it empties. One full ring will last roughly 3 days. I load usually every 4 hours in the day. At night I load at 10pm and around 5am I have a small bed of coals that I relight with.

Pretty happy with the Napoleon. Only draw back is glass that needs to be cleaned daily.

I heat 1,300 sq ft. I fill up an Armoire I built, each side is 3' x 2' x 5' and my splits 20" long and go through a side about once a week or a little less. I light 2 fires day, 3 on weekends.

Four good sized wheel barrow loads per week 24/7 burning.

About the same as Budman with a 24/7 burning schedule. Let's see, last match I used to light my stove was around last week of October.

Too much variance in outdoor temps to even try making a guess. For example, we've been getting down to single digits but tonight 25 is forecast for a low. Daytime temps mostly have been below 30 (not 30 below yet).

Status
Not open for further replies.