Antique CO2 Tester?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

hobbyheater

Minister of Fire
This was in Granny's basement! Is there someone who would know what is needed to possibly make this one work? There is a slide rule for oil and propane .

Attachments

• Antique CO2 Tester?
    IMGP3789.jpg
    104.3 KB · Views: 286
  • Antique CO2 Tester?
    IMGP3790.jpg
    86.9 KB · Views: 312
  • Antique CO2 Tester?
    IMGP3791.jpg
    118.5 KB · Views: 309
  • Antique CO2 Tester?
    IMGP3794.jpg
    102.6 KB · Views: 313
They work. I have one in a "Bacharach Wet Kit" which at least last I knew was/is still made. I may even have instructions for it. I will try to remember to look in the next few days. I don't happen to know whether they yield accurate results with a wood unit.

pybyr said:
They work. I have one in a "Bacharach Wet Kit" which at least last I knew was/is still made. I may even have instructions for it. I will try to remember to look in the next few days. I don't happen to know whether they yield accurate results with a wood unit.

Thank you :exclaim: That would be great. :)

The device need a special fluid that goes bad eventually. I think its a hazardous chemical so its expensive to ship. I picked up an entire kit for about $50 on ebay. I think the new fluid cost more than kit.

Most techs have gone to the electronic handheld CO analyzer. By the way it measures CO Carbon Monoxide , not CO2 - Carbon Dioxide

Status
Not open for further replies.