Ants in the kitchen.

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
100%! It’ll happen with any insecticide. Humans will win the short battles with insects, but the war will be won by the insects.
I dunno, many species are going extinct due to habitat loss. Some insects will go on happily living next to humans, but some are already gone.

I think you’ll find most of the species that have lived have gone extinct.

Reactions: Ashful
It may make things awkward for the moment, but nature will fill the niche.

950EB067-B677-46F3-9F1D-17365553B156.png

I think you’ll find most of the species that have lived have gone extinct.
I'm not sure what your point is. As if species that have gone extinct over the billions of years of earth's history matter now? The dinosaurs are gone, but they don't have an impact on the current global ecosystem. Without the insects that are going extinct right now there will be less pollinators, which decreases plant biodiversity, which increases chances of blights and plagues, which increase the chances of human famine. We already bring famine onto ourselves with atmospheric pollution and war, why make it even harder by destroying the insects that all life on the planet depend on?

Niches we’re opened up in the past and then filled. It’ll happen again.

The only way to stop that is to radically change how pesticides are sold. It’s coming.

Reactions: Ashful
100%! It’ll happen with any insecticide. Humans will win the short battles with insects, but the war will be won by the insects.
Only when we stop inventing new hammers. Technology, properly applied (and sometimes coerced by carrot and stick legislation), will save us.

The Terro traps. Do not disturb them when they swarm. Let them eat.

The best way is to get a bottle of Taurus Sc online. Mix .8oz per gallon and spray the foundation of your house. Throughly hose down areas near where they are entering (kitchen). They will disappear. Unlike other chemicals they don't know they have been exposed or don't avoid it. They will die. About 2 gallons to really spray my 4br cape cod.
Never heard of that. How does it compare with Ortho Home Defense? I spray my house with that 1-2 times a year to keep the spiders out. Safe for kids and pets and indoor use if you want, and it just smells like soapy water.

It’s many times more powerful than Orthro. You need to be licensed in many states to buy it/apply it.

If you go that route, please be careful. There are dangers involved with these products. I just had a technician go on leave, 1st trimester, when she found out she was pregnant. Her Dr said, no restrictions in 1st trimester. We’re like, think about that. You know what you’re applying. She talked it over with her husband and went on leave. She can come back anytime. She’s a wonderful person and employee.

Reactions: tlc1976
This is the best thing going, used to work for a company and we sprayed cottages for fish flies and spiders.this stuff will even take care of bedbugs.spray the perimeter of your house and you won't have issues with any bugs.

815cfeqEXuL.jpg