Any fans that can go in the cavity ABOVE the fireplace?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Kelemvor

Feb 25, 2015
WI
We have a see-thru fireplace that does not have a fan in it. I was told that one option to add a fan is to put it underneath the fireplace and have it blow up the side and then the air would come out both side of the top. The store we got the fireplace from said we wouldn't feel much air coming out with that type of fan so they didn't recommend using a fan at all.

We really only want a fan to blow out on one side of the fireplace anyway.

Above the fireplace box there is a 6 inches or so of space between the top of the fireplace and the insulation above that. Are there any sort of fans that we could set in this area that would take the hot air from on top of the fireplace and blow it out to one side of the other? I don't know how hot it gets in that area to know if fans can take it, if wiring would melt, etc but just thought I'd see if anyone had ever done anything like that before.

Thanks!

Attachments

• 2015-12-28 15.29.01.jpg
    2015-12-28 15.29.01.jpg
    40 KB · Views: 113
There are none available to my knowledge. The area in question is pretty hostile
& the electronics simply wouldn't hold up.
You have to use the blower designed for use in the valve cavity or rely on ceiling or box fans.

Reactions: Heatsource
Status
Not open for further replies.