Any Harman Stove deals ?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Even with professional install, at those prices both should be around $3500, not including whatever tax credits are out there now.

I disagree. - at least with the P68 - you're gonna need $200 +/- worth of venting (Excel PV straight out) & labor + tax.
Add a hearth pad & it's STILL gonna be $4k before the tax incentive of $300...

DAKSY said:
Even with professional install, at those prices both should be around $3500, not including whatever tax credits are out there now.

I disagree. - at least with the P68 - you're gonna need $200 +/- worth of venting (Excel PV straight out) & labor + tax.
Add a hearth pad & it's STILL gonna be $4k before the tax incentive of $300...

How much venting do you need? The dealer ran my vent back from the stove about 3 ft and up my chimney another 8-10 ft. Even with that it wasn't $200 for Venting pipe, and they used 4" pipe that was made to deal with either wood or corn pellets. I guess depending on where you live it could get to $4k for the 68, but here where I am it wouldn't get much over $3500.

It looks like your a dealer or work for a dealer so you would know prices in your area more than me. I know the stove dealer here though had the 68 for $3100 before install, hearth pad and vent. If I had it to do over, I would have spent the extra couple of hundred for the 68, but I am quite happy with my 61.

Status
Not open for further replies.