Any idea the make/model/ age of this stove?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

AKbirch78

Oct 10, 2022
Fairbanks
I'm very much a novice when it comes to stoves, so apologies if this is an easy question.

Stove came from my in laws barn in Ohio. Very rusty but beautiful. It was in the barn when they bought the house in the early 90s.

I'm guessing the stove is from the early 1900s, but really have no idea.
20221005_114214.jpg
20221005_114230.jpg
20221005_114218.jpg

Unless its got Jotul cast in the front door, its looks like a Taiwanese clone of Jotul. They were made by multiple foundries, using rip off patterns and imported by various importers. A popular name was Scandia.They were known for marginal casting quality but usually the cracks showed up after a few years. If the internals are still there it could be rebuilt into a functioning stove but never going to be worth much.

Yup, Jotul knock-off.