any major problems with tarm,eko or econoburn units.

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

cvanhat

Jul 3, 2008
upstate ny
has anyone had any problems with these units, or company support of the products. price wise it looks like in my area eko is the most reasonable. we were going to heat two buildings but the boys decided they didnt want to cut wood so the shop is getting a waste oil boiler and the house a 200,000 btu unit. looks like all of these units are about equal so it comes down to price,dealer support, and ease of operation, cleaning.

I have been installing Tarm and Econoburn for about a year now and both of them have terrific customer support . I am installing 2 econoburn next week and a Tarm wood pellet boiler next month . They are both well built and designed. I did a ton of research to find a line for my business. I will be putting an econoburn in my home.

Econoburn service.............

I had an EBW100 with a leak, just a drip by one of the stays on the bottom of the water jacket. I couldn't have asked for better support from the factory. When I called to report the problem I fully expected to hear something like "get it welded and send us the bill".........But no........
They shipped a new boiler at no charge, allowed the customer to get through the heating season with the leaker rather than having to shut down to do the swap, and picked up the unit with the problem at no charge. You can't ask for better than that.

No problems with my EKO. Search the forums and I don't think you'll find any serious problems with any of these units.

Status
Not open for further replies.