Anybody in the industry? Looking for service tech tools

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

RockyMtnHigh

Feeling the Heat
Oct 14, 2013
Colorado
Well the store I work at doesn't do installations anymore which frankly is fine with me as I'm kind of over risking my life climbing on steep roofs in the winter all the time etc.

I'm being promoted to service tech and sent to HHT in Washington state for some technical training (yay! work in the field again!).

I have been kind of looking around at "tool kits" to get started with. Does anybody have a good one they would suggest? Something with pliars, crescent wrench, 1/4" drive and 3/8" drive, allen wrenches, etc. would be great. Not so much of a mechanics tool set but more of a homeowners kit with a lot of mechanics tools would be great lol.

Any ideas? I know there will be a lot of odds and ends that I will need to fill a separate bag with but a good starter set would be great.

Thanks in advance!

I did just what you said, I filled the bag,. Grabbed one of those with a bazillion pockets for wrenches, nutdrivers, wiring tools like cutters, crimpers & dykes.
Long needle nosed pliers & magnetic 1/4" hex drivers are REALLY handy, as well. Soft bristle paint brushes & small tubing cutters, too...

Reactions: RockyMtnHigh
Status
Not open for further replies.