Anybody know who repairs Englander controllers?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

mfenmor

Mar 21, 2018
NJ
So I now have three controllers from my Englander 25-EP that have failed for different reasons. I'm looking for someone who repairs these and maybe I can have some spares for the next time it fails.

Pelletstovecontrolrepair.com was suggested to me a few weeks back, I can't cut and paste right now but if you search for controller repair you will see my post for a st Croix repair service. I have not used them but it might be a good option.

The relay for the combustion air blower would chatter when I would plug the stove in. It would take numerous plug unplug cycles until it would work correctly. This only happened when it was cold and humid, I have mine in an insulated pole barn. I had a tech guy who works in circuit boards at work look at it, tested the relay and found no problems. He did clean the board up and I let it dry for a week, I have not had a problem since. I'm my case it could have been some dirt making a connection where it should not have been made.

I have since repaired the controllers myself. I know that at least one Triac and one Diac/opto-isolater had failed on each controller. I replaced all Triacs and Opto-isolators. Cost about $8 to fix each controller. Sourced parts from Digi-key. Use a really good surge suppressor on your input power to help eliminate this in the future.

HeatWave Electronics http://pelletstovecontrollerrepair.com/ He fixed my Whitfield Advantage III this past winter. Great price.
Do you have a UPS connected to it. Maybe you have power problems and need a good noise/surge filter ?

Never ever heard of an optical sensor circuit on an england stove,so I am in disbelief.If it exists,please forward me the wiring diagram.

Bob I think he means this
68A8B6F7-DE8F-4C0C-A9F7-935408245E0D.png It triggers the triac

Reactions: Mt Bob