Anybody know who repairs Englander controllers?

mfenmor Posted By mfenmor, Apr 15, 2018 at 9:25 PM

1. mfenmor

mfenmor
    New Member 2.
    NULL

Mar 21, 2018
    Loc:
    NJ
    So I now have three controllers from my Englander 25-EP that have failed for different reasons. I'm looking for someone who repairs these and maybe I can have some spares for the next time it fails.

2. Fibersport

Fibersport
    New Member 2.
    NULL

Feb 7, 2018
    Loc:
    Valparaiso, IN
    Pelletstovecontrolrepair.com was suggested to me a few weeks back, I can't cut and paste right now but if you search for controller repair you will see my post for a st Croix repair service. I have not used them but it might be a good option.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. zinger827

zinger827
    Member 2.
    NULL

Dec 28, 2014
    Loc:
    Maine
    What were the kind of problems you had with the control boards?

4. Fibersport

Fibersport
    New Member 2.
    NULL

Feb 7, 2018
    Loc:
    Valparaiso, IN
    The relay for the combustion air blower would chatter when I would plug the stove in. It would take numerous plug unplug cycles until it would work correctly. This only happened when it was cold and humid, I have mine in an insulated pole barn. I had a tech guy who works in circuit boards at work look at it, tested the relay and found no problems. He did clean the board up and I let it dry for a week, I have not had a problem since. I'm my case it could have been some dirt making a connection where it should not have been made.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  5. mfenmor

mfenmor
    New Member 2.
    NULL

Mar 21, 2018
    Loc:
    NJ
    I have since repaired the controllers myself. I know that at least one Triac and one Diac/opto-isolater had failed on each controller. I replaced all Triacs and Opto-isolators. Cost about $8 to fix each controller. Sourced parts from Digi-key. Use a really good surge suppressor on your input power to help eliminate this in the future.

6. MButkus

MButkus
    Member 2.
    NULL

Feb 4, 2008
    Loc:
    Jersey
    HeatWave Electronics http://pelletstovecontrollerrepair.com/ He fixed my Whitfield Advantage III this past winter. Great price.
    Do you have a UPS connected to it. Maybe you have power problems and need a good noise/surge filter ?

7. bob bare

bob bare
    Minister of Fire 2.
    NULL

Oct 31, 2013
    Loc:
    park county montana
    Never ever heard of an optical sensor circuit on an england stove,so I am in disbelief.If it exists,please forward me the wiring diagram.

8. Ssyko

Ssyko
    Minister of Fire 2.
    NULL

Nov 6, 2017
    Loc:
    Lorraine NY
    Bob I think he means this
    68A8B6F7-DE8F-4C0C-A9F7-935408245E0D.png It triggers the triac

bob bare likes this.
  9. bob bare

bob bare
    Minister of Fire 2.
    NULL

Oct 31, 2013
    Loc:
    park county montana
    Ah,a sensor that uses a voltage change,fluctuation,to created a change,ya,could be,thanks,Ssyko