Anyone burn Northern Lights brand premium pellets?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

jackovalltrades

Feb 6, 2008
Maryland
These pellets are said to be "clean handling and clean burning wood pellets made from only pure softwood lumber fiber of central BC, Canada" and "meets or exceeds the specifications for Residential Premium Grade Pellets laid down by the Pellet Fuels Institute". This brand sells much cheaper by the ton than others in my area. As the title says... anyone burn these pellets and compare them to other brands? Let me know what you think. Unfortunately the retailer only sells by the ton, no individual bag sales.

Grab a few bags and try them out. They could be a good buy. Note how much sawdust is at the bottom of the bag, the consistency and length of the pellets. And then how they burn, cleanliness of the burnpot etc.

BeGreen said:
Grab a few bags and try them out. They could be a good buy. Note how much sawdust is at the bottom of the bag, the consistency and length of the pellets. And then how they burn, cleanliness of the burnpot etc.

I would except as I said, they're not sold individually.

Ask them if they have a couple broken bags around. If they want your business, it makes sense to offer you a sample.

Status
Not open for further replies.